Bob Barry Sr. passes at the age of 80 | Families
NORMAN, Okla.—The NewsChannel 4 family is mourning the loss of one of our own today.
Former KFOR sports director and longtime sports announcer Bob Barry Sr. passed away at the age of 80.
Barry was found inside his home in Norman after neighbors grew concerned that he had not picked up his morning newspaper.
Barry was the voice of the Sooners from 1961 until 1972 and again from 1991 until he retired from the radio last spring.
He also was a play-by-play announcer for the University of Tulsa basketball team and also announced football games for Oklahoma State University in between stints at OU.
Upcoming Events near Enid
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- UPDATE: Icy roads to blame for 45 car accident, Oklahoma woman pronounced dead
- Science icon speaking at OSU, Bill Nye to answer questions
- Early morning scare at Oklahoma State University after reported bomb threat
- Snow quake rattles awake Stillwater, Langston this morning
- ‘It was just a matter of time,’ Texas Tech ‘superfan’ to skip rest of season after OSU incident