Bob Barry Sr. passes at the age of 80 | Families
NORMAN, Okla.—The NewsChannel 4 family is mourning the loss of one of our own today.
Former KFOR sports director and longtime sports announcer Bob Barry Sr. passed away at the age of 80.
Barry was found inside his home in Norman after neighbors grew concerned that he had not picked up his morning newspaper.
Barry was the voice of the Sooners from 1961 until 1972 and again from 1991 until he retired from the radio last spring.
He also was a play-by-play announcer for the University of Tulsa basketball team and also announced football games for Oklahoma State University in between stints at OU.
Upcoming Events near Enid
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- Oklahoma man arrested after admitting to shooting, killing great- granddaughter
- OSU bans use of e-cigarettes on Stillwater campus
- UPDATE: OSU preparing for Bedlam; it’s going to be chilly
- Alumni association helps fans fight the cold before Bedlam with fun events
- Campers prepare to weather cold temps for Bedlam seats