Bob Barry Sr. passes at the age of 80 | Families
NORMAN, Okla.—The NewsChannel 4 family is mourning the loss of one of our own today.
Former KFOR sports director and longtime sports announcer Bob Barry Sr. passed away at the age of 80.
Barry was found inside his home in Norman after neighbors grew concerned that he had not picked up his morning newspaper.
Barry was the voice of the Sooners from 1961 until 1972 and again from 1991 until he retired from the radio last spring.
He also was a play-by-play announcer for the University of Tulsa basketball team and also announced football games for Oklahoma State University in between stints at OU.
Upcoming Events near Enid
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FOUND: Stillwater woman missing in Silver Alert found safe in Madill
- 5-time NFL award winner, Super Bowl winning quarterback to visit local university
- Member of legendary football family to speak at Oklahoma State
- There could be a problem with your specialty license
- Great State: OSU Quidditch Team Loses Snitch, and World Cup in Myrtle Beach