4 arrested in Enid drug bust | Crime
Enid police have arrested four people in connection with a drug bust that was in the making for more than a month.
On Wednesday, March 9, 2011, around 8 a.m. the police department's narcotics unit and a K-9 unit served a search warrant for a home in the 500 block of S. Pierce.
Officials say during a month long investigation, they found evidence of illegal possession and distribution of controlled dangerous substances.
With a search warrant, detectives found marijuana in bulk, scales, packaging materials, drug paraphernalia, money and drugs already packaged for resale.
The bulk of the marijuana was found in the same room as a 4-month-old infant.
Police arrested Jennifer Olivas, 19; Johnny Ross, 18, and Brandon Wright, 23.
Olivas was arrested for marijuana in the presence of a minor child, possession of a controlled dangerous substance within 2000 feet of a park, possession with intent to distribute, possession of paraphernalia and possession of drug proceeds.
Ross was arrested for possession of marijuana in the presence of a minor child, possession of a controlled dangerous substance within 2000 feet of a park, possession with intent to distribute, possession of paraphernalia and possession of drug proceeds.
Wright and a 17-year-old female were arrested for possession of marijuana in the presence of a minor child.
Upcoming Events near Enid
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- UPDATE: Icy roads to blame for 45 car accident, Oklahoma woman pronounced dead
- Science icon speaking at OSU, Bill Nye to answer questions
- Early morning scare at Oklahoma State University after reported bomb threat
- Snow quake rattles awake Stillwater, Langston this morning
- ‘It was just a matter of time,’ Texas Tech ‘superfan’ to skip rest of season after OSU incident