Oklahomans gearing up for tax-free weekend | Business
Whether you are wanting to purchase that nice dress, or a new pair of shoes, many shoppers will be hitting the stores this tax-free weekend.
Taxes will be suspended on Friday, August 5, 2011 through Sunday, August 7, 2011.
However, not everything is eligible to be tax free.
Shoppers should realize that eligible items that are under $100 each will not be charged tax. Specific items and clothing that exceeds $100 will be taxed.
Items that are eligible for the reduction include:
- Athletic supports
- Baby receiving blankets
- Bathing suits
- Coats and jackets
- Ear muffs
- Formal wear
- Gloves and mittens
- Insoles for shoes
- Lab coats
- Rain wear
- Rubber pants
- Shoes and shoe laces
- Socks and stockings
- Steel toed shoes
- Wedding apparel
Belt buckles or items that are not included with an outfit will not eligible for the exemption.
Accessories, including jewelry, will not be eligible for the exemption.
For more information, visit the state's website.
Upcoming Events near Enid
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Water in Oklahoma town leaves a bad taste behind, reminds residents of ‘lake bottom’
- Gov. Fallin asks president to use executive order to approve Keystone Pipeline
- Two state bills aim to keep the movie cameras rolling in Oklahoma
- BLOOPER: Llama finds best friend in KFOR photographer
- Rocking and rolling: How to prevent earthquake damage at your home
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- UPDATE: Icy roads to blame for 45 car accident, Oklahoma woman pronounced dead
- Science icon speaking at OSU, Bill Nye to answer questions
- Early morning scare at Oklahoma State University after reported bomb threat
- Snow quake rattles awake Stillwater, Langston this morning
- ‘It was just a matter of time,’ Texas Tech ‘superfan’ to skip rest of season after OSU incident