Oklahomans gearing up for tax-free weekend | Business
Whether you are wanting to purchase that nice dress, or a new pair of shoes, many shoppers will be hitting the stores this tax-free weekend.
Taxes will be suspended on Friday, August 5, 2011 through Sunday, August 7, 2011.
However, not everything is eligible to be tax free.
Shoppers should realize that eligible items that are under $100 each will not be charged tax. Specific items and clothing that exceeds $100 will be taxed.
Items that are eligible for the reduction include:
- Athletic supports
- Baby receiving blankets
- Bathing suits
- Coats and jackets
- Ear muffs
- Formal wear
- Gloves and mittens
- Insoles for shoes
- Lab coats
- Rain wear
- Rubber pants
- Shoes and shoe laces
- Socks and stockings
- Steel toed shoes
- Wedding apparel
Belt buckles or items that are not included with an outfit will not eligible for the exemption.
Accessories, including jewelry, will not be eligible for the exemption.
For more information, visit the state's website.
Upcoming Events near Enid
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stolen property bust leads to five other drug arrests
- GPS leads police to $100,000 worth of stolen property
- 100 Langston students locked out of dorms for failing to pay, complete financial aid
- Man due in court after confessing to murdering pregnant woman
- 15-year-old Coyle student dies after being diagnosed with meningitis
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- AT&T Cotton Bowl sells out fastest in history; OSU vs. Mizzou Jan. 3 in Arlington
- Oklahoma man arrested after admitting to shooting, killing great- granddaughter
- OSU bans use of e-cigarettes on Stillwater campus
- UPDATE: OSU preparing for Bedlam; it’s going to be chilly
- Alumni association helps fans fight the cold before Bedlam with fun events