Oklahomans gearing up for tax-free weekend | Business
Whether you are wanting to purchase that nice dress, or a new pair of shoes, many shoppers will be hitting the stores this tax-free weekend.
Taxes will be suspended on Friday, August 5, 2011 through Sunday, August 7, 2011.
However, not everything is eligible to be tax free.
Shoppers should realize that eligible items that are under $100 each will not be charged tax. Specific items and clothing that exceeds $100 will be taxed.
Items that are eligible for the reduction include:
- Athletic supports
- Baby receiving blankets
- Bathing suits
- Coats and jackets
- Ear muffs
- Formal wear
- Gloves and mittens
- Insoles for shoes
- Lab coats
- Rain wear
- Rubber pants
- Shoes and shoe laces
- Socks and stockings
- Steel toed shoes
- Wedding apparel
Belt buckles or items that are not included with an outfit will not eligible for the exemption.
Accessories, including jewelry, will not be eligible for the exemption.
For more information, visit the state's website.
Upcoming Events near Enid
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs
- Crews respond to house fire in Northwest Oklahoma City
- 14 arrested in local prostitution sting
- UPDATE: Authorities cancel Silver Alert for missing woman
- 5-time NFL award winner, Super Bowl winning quarterback to visit local university
- Member of legendary football family to speak at Oklahoma State
- There could be a problem with your specialty license
- Great State: OSU Quidditch Team Loses Snitch, and World Cup in Myrtle Beach
- Parents fight budget cut proposal in Stillwater